Being a parent is one of the most difficult yet rewarding jobs we can ever have in this world. It requires pure love and pure hard work. The bible tells us in Psalm 127:3 that children are a gift and a reward from God. As parents, we must love, teach, discipline and most importantly help them grow in loving God above all else. The bible instructs us, parents to train our children in the way that they should go so that when they grow, they will not depart from it.
I must say that I am not a perfect mother to my children. There were times that I made mistakes in teaching and disciplining them even though I was really trying my best to perform my job as a mother to my children. Well, I still do. I feel tired and exhausted at times especially when there are so many things that are going on in my life but I have to be a wife to my husband and a mother to my children at the same time. In times like this, I just lock myself inside our bathroom for ten minutes and I cry for God’s help while I bath myself with cold water.
For I can do everything through Christ,who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:13
But good news is, even though we are not perfect parents, we have a perfect God who is always available to help us. We are His children and our children is His children ,too. When we become weak, our strength is always found in God, in His Words. That is why I am sharing with you today, 25 great bible verses that can encourage us every time we feel that parenting our children is becoming a bit challenging.
Encouragement for Parents
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Matthew 10:42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.”
- Galatians 6:7-10 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
- Ephesians 6:7-8 Serve wholeheartedly , as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:13 And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.
- Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them
- 3 John 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
- Psalms 144:12 Then our sons in their youth will be like well-nurtured plants, and our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace.
- Proverbs 14:26 He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge.
- 1 Peter 5:2-3 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. 3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.
Training and Disciplining Children
- Deuteronomy 6:6-9 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.
- Proverbs 13:24 He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.
- Proverbs 19:18 Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death.
- Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
- Proverbs 23:13-14 Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die. Punish him with the rod and save his soul from death.
- Proverbs 29:15 The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother.
- Proverbs 29:17 Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul.
- Colossians 3:21 Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.
- Malachi 2:15 Has not [the LORD] made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring .
- Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
- Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- 1 Timothy 3:4,5 [An overseer] must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. 5(If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?)
- 1 Timothy 3:12 A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well.
- Titus 1:6 An elder must be blameless… a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient.
- Proverbs 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him.
How about you? What are your favorite bible verses that encourage you as a parent? Share them to us by writing them in the comment box. Have a great day ahead!
woh I enjoy your blog posts, saved to bookmarks! .
Thanks, Jewell for dropping by.
Thank you for this wonderful scriptures and reminders👍🏻
You’re welcome Mary. 🙂 Thanks for your appreciation.
With thanks! Valuable information!
Thanks for dropping by Tiffani!
It’s really a great and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am happy that you are happy with the information I shared. I do hope that it adds value to and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to be updated with my latest posts. 🙂
I love this post. I feel so blessed and positive reading the bible verses. Its such a good feeling to know that our family are always guided and loved😊
Wow, thanks for the love mommy Ness. 🙂